December - RuneScape's Month Ahead runescape gp
December - RuneScape's Month Ahead runescape gp
Month Ahead: December 2017
We’ve decked the Grand Exchange, Prifddinas and the Max Guild with boughs of holly and gift-wrapped some shiny new updates, just for you. So grab your scarves, gloves and festive auras, because the Christmas season has returned to Gielinor, and it’s set to be a cracker. So, how about we take a peek into Santa’s sack?
The G-Nome Project
First thing’s first: our Christmas quest, The G-Nome Project. Back in November, we asked you to scour Gielinor for pieces of Santa’s favourite toy, the clockwork gnome. Well, now that big-beard’s back, he’s decided to take the matter one step further and turn the clockwork gnome into a real boy. Problem is, now they’re both missing - and so’s Rudolph - which leaves it down to a certain adventurer to track them down and save Christmas.
If you’re itching to start, chat to the Queen of Snow in Varrock anytime from the 11th of December. She’s got some information that might prove useful; perhaps she’ll let it go?
Next up, Winter Weekends. We’re supercharging your gains every weekend up until the 8th of January, from mid-Friday to mid-Monday. As those who took part in our combat weekend will know, each one will be centred around a different theme.
8-11th December - Menaphos & Sophanem!
- New City Quests appear twice as fast after completion of a City Quest.
- 75% increased experience from Shifting Tombs.
- 50% increased reputation in Menaphos.
- Increased chance to receive Menaphite Gift Offerings.
- 25% increased Slayer experience within the Sophanem Slayer Dungeon.
- Bonus chance of jewelled statuettes while wearing a ring of wealth and doubled chance of sceptre of the gods and black ibis while at Pyramid Plunder.
- Double experience from Plover bird hunting.
- 50% increased base chance to successfully pickpocket in Menaphos.
- Triple experience from harvesting Luminous Wisps (converting memories remains the same experience rate).
15-18th December - Minigames!
- +1 Castle Wars gold ticket per game, regardless of win, lose or draw.
- +1 medal from Fish Flingers per game.
- Double commendation points from Pest Control and Conquest.
- Double Bonus XP and rewards from Barbarian Assault.
- Bosses killed in Dominion Tower are counted twice for the purposes of reward unlocks.
- +50% Dominion Factor earned.
- +50% produce points at Livid Farm (stacks with boosters).
- An extra 600 daily bonus points in Cabbage Facepunch Bonanza.
- 100% increased Menaphos reputation from Shifting Tombs.
- Double zeal from Soul Wars.
- Shattered Worlds grants 50% extra anima.
- Double points from Stealing Creation.
22-25th December - Gathering & Support Skills!
- Divination: Springs last for twice as long once a wisp is activated.
- Divination: Enriched divination nodes spawn every 10 minutes.
- Fishing: Spots move around half as frequently as before.
- Thieving: Pharaoh's Sceptre and Black Ibis outfit drops are twice as likely at Pyramid Plunder.
- Dungeoneering: Double tokens from regular Dungeoneering.
- Dungeoneering: No experience penalty upon death.
- Hunter: 2 Orokami spawn instead of 1 on uncharted isles.
- Agility: Higher chance of activating The Pit Minigame.
- 10% chance not to deplete uncharted isles resources while harvesting.
- Mining nodes and trees replenish twice as quickly.
29-1st January - Clue Scrolls!
- 1 free reroll for clue rewards per day.
- Improved chance to get clue scrolls from drops and pickpocketing.
- Gilly Willikers will give you a free clue scroll per day (starting at noon). Type dependent on total level:
- 37-1,400 total levels: easy
- 1,401-2,000 total levels: medium
- 2,001-2,500 total levels: hard
- 2,501+ total levels: elite
- Each clue scroll completed will reward a festive box containing festive food and has a chance of containing one of the following items:
- Slayer VIP tickets
- Silverhawk down
- Tight springs
- Experience lamps and stars
Easy clues reward a festive box (easy), medium and hard clues a festive box (hard), and elite clues a festive box (elite).
5-8th January - Artisan Skills!
- Crafting: 10% chance to produce an extra urn when adding runes to them.
- Fletching: 25% increased Fletching experience.
- Smithing: Double XP and runescape gp and respect in the Artisans' Workshop.
- Runecrafting: Increased node spawns and double reward points at Runespan.
- Construction: Chance to retain a plank with Scroll of proficiency increased by 10%.
- Cooking: Reduced chance to burn food.
- Herblore: Extra 2.5% chance to save a secondary ingredient when mixing potions.
...and last, but by no means least:
1st December-8th January - Ports!
Yes that's right - the Player-owned Ports bonuses will be active for the entire 5 week duration.
- 25 voyages per day instead of 15.
- All player-owned ports voyages return 30% extra resources or trade goods.
- Ability to get The Barmaid's special voyage on Saturdays and Sundays as well as Thursdays.
The angel on the tree is our festive aura, granting you a 50% XP boost and an icy-cool cosmetic effect for thirty minutes every day. It should already be in your backpack, but if you can’t find it, chat to Xuan in Burthorpe or Dilwyn in Prifddinas.
You can claim one free in-game gift every day in December from the community interface. And don’t fret about missing days! As long as you log-in before the 8th of January, you’ll still be able to pick up all your goodies.
It’s been a busy month for the ninjas, so much so that they’ve been bustling about like Santa’s elves to make your game the best it can be. All these fixes are now already in-game, but here’s a reminder:
We’ve recoloured all the Divination wisps so that they match the colour of the energies they give you. You can thank one of our players on Reddit for this suggestion. We’ve whipped up an all-in-one monkey greegree to save on bank space, as voted for by you. Much more convenient. Hefin Worker and Musician Outfits can now be disassembled. That means you won’t receive outfit pieces once they’re stored in your Player Owned House. Player Owned Ports: The equipped part name of each ship now displays within the Shipyards interface instead of the section name. So for example, you might have ‘Tengu Rudder’ instead of ‘Rudder’ on its own. You can now mouse over a quest’s start icon on the world map to see its length.
This year’s Premier Club is our best deal of the year, offering you more for your membership with a whopping discount. With it, you can get some terrifying Hellion armour, the matching aura with four different effects and access to the exclusive Premier Club Vault - our new, monthly D&D - plus much more. Gold and Silver members can also reclaim old Premier Club-exclusive armour sets, so if you’re mourning a gap in your collection, this is your year.
Merry Christmas, everyone!